Cortopia Studios has brought its magical multiplayer Wands to just about every head-mounted display (HMD) out there, ensuring that through its cross-platform support players should hopefully find a match. This week the studio released its latest update for Wands, adding features like a heads-up display (HUD) as well as announcing a series of events taking place over the Christmas week.
With the new update players will now have a HUD that will show them their health, mana, and spells, at all times during a match. Additionally, players will now see a persistent health bar above their opponents, helping them gauge how far away from death they are.
The other new feature is for Oculus Go, MiVR and Google Daydream. Cortopia Studios has added what it calls the ‘Press’ Control Scheme. This allows players to cast spells directly with the touch-pad. Teleporting is handled by hold/release of the trigger (Oculus Go, MiVR).
As for other improvements, they are:
- You’ll now get into Wands faster! We reduced the startup time for the game, and we now give you information about what parts of the game are loading while you wait.
- Mana regen rate increased to 10/s (from 8/s) during normal play, and 15/s (from 12/s) during the final minute
- Decreased Phoenix’s max damage from 30 to 25, decreased min damage from 15 to 10, added constant splash damage of 10 and decreased damage increase per second from 5 to 3
- Decreased Chilling Clutch’s fire rate from 5 to 2 per second
- Reduced Hail of Death’s accuracy from long range; increased its accuracy from short range
- Improved the targeting behavior of The Vale’s crystal and addressed an exploit
- Hail of Death and Blood Bolt can no longer fire two projectiles at once
- You’re now correctly sent back to the workshop after losing your connection in the lobby or an arena
- It should now be much less likely for more than 2 players try to connect to the same match
- Daydream players can no longer prevent the countdown from starting
Then there are the events which take place as follows:
- December 24th – “Christmas Eve in the Beyond” 500 relic dust for everyone, Ophidia and Scarab wands for top 3
- December 25th – “Christmas in the Beyond” 2000 relic dust for everyone, Vindicator for top 3
- December 26th – “Holidays in the Beyond” 250 relic dust for everyone, Remnant wand for top 3
- December 27th – “Holidays in the Beyond” 250 relic dust for everyone, Vanguard for top 3
- December 28th – “Holidays in the Beyond” 250 relic dust for everyone, Lion and Blade wands for top 3
- December 29th – “Holidays in the Beyond” 250 relic dust for everyone, Collector for top 3
- December 30th – “Holidays in the Beyond” 250 relic dust for everyone, Scepter wand for top 3
- December 31st – “New Year’s Eve in the Beyond” 500 relic dust for everyone, Raven for top 3
- January 1st – “A New Year in the Beyond” 2019 relic dust for everyone, Nemesis for top 3
For further Wands updates, keep reading VRFocus.